Hi-Tech Housing Home Buyers…Please Note
You will need a professional builder/general contractor to handle on-site preparation and completion work, as follows:
- Obtaining a building permit
- Clearing the home site, grading and excavating
- Building the foundation
- Bringing the utilities to the home
- Installing a septic system or connecting to the sewer system
- Installing walkways and driveways
- Installing masonry
- Installing landscaping
- Building swimming pools
The builder/general contractor often completes the following but there are instances in which Hi-Tech Housing can do the work:
- Building a garage and other outbuildings
- Building decks and porches
- Installing the heating and cooling system
- Installing a security system
Hi-Tech Housing usually does the following work in the factory, but sometimes the builder/general contractor will be asked by the home buyer to complete on site:
- Installing unique and custom siding, roofing, flooring, cabinetry, countertops, plumbing fixtures, electrical lighting.
The value of working with a knowledgeable local builder/general contractor cannot be overstated. Some of the benefits include:
- A detailed, reliable budget.
- A plan that fits within home buyer’s available funds and mortgage financing.
- Ability to purchase quality materials at the best price.
- Ability to hire skilled local labor to act as subcontractors.
Hi-Tech Housing can help you find a builder/general contractor in your area by:
Connecting you to a Hi-Tech builder in your area.
- Our factory and office location is in north-central Indiana, but we frequently ship to regions in the US and Canada. We may be able to provide a home outside the indicated area, after we research state or provincial requirements and consider delivery costs.
- Click here to find a have Hi-Tech Housing connect you with a builder who is experienced with our homes. These builders are independent contractors, and often represent multiple factory-built housing companies. They may also site-build homes.
Helping you recruit a builder if there is no one on our list in your area.
- There are many places in the US and Canada without an active builder of our products. You may be in the best position to help us recruit a competent contractor in your area. Using an internet search engine, develop a list of potential contractors, checking history and reputation with friends and family. We can make the first contact if you prefer.
More and more builders are considering some degree of fabrication to achieve higher quality and greater flexibility as well as cost advantages. We have found that with Hi-Tech Housing’s custom orientation, and respect for great builders, together we can create the right team to deliver the home of your dreams.